The imagelist form field type provides a drop down list of image files in a specified directory. Only files with .png, .gif, .jpg, .bmp, .ico extensions are listed. If the field has a saved value, this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
By default, the first item on the list is '- Do not use -' (which is translatable) and is given the value '-1' and this is followed by '- Use default -' (also translatable) given the value '0'.
Example XML field definition:
label="Select an image"
- type must be imagelist.
- name is the unique name of the field.
- label (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- directory is the filesystem path to the directory containing the image files to be listed. If omitted the directory given by JPATH_ROOT is assumed.
- default is the default image file name.
- description (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- filter is a regular expression string which is used to filter the list of image files selected for inclusion in the drop-down list. If omitted, all image files in the directory are included. The filter argument expression is applied before the exclude argument expression.
- exclude is a regular expression string which is used to exclude image files from the list. The exclude argument expression is applied after the filter argument expression.
- stripext is a Boolean argument. If true then file name extensions will be stripped from the image file names listed. The file name will be saved without the extension too.
- hide_none is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- Do not use -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
- hide_default is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- Use default -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.