Joomla folderlist Form Field Type
The folderlist form field type provides a drop down list of folders from a specified directory. If the field has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
By default, the first item on the list is '- Do not use -' (which is translatable) and is given the value '-1' and this is followed by '- Use default -' (also translatable) given the value '0'.
Example XML field definition:
label="Select a folder"
- type must be folderlist.
- name is the unique name of the field.
- label (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- directory is the filesystem path to the directory containing the folders to be listed.
- default is the default folder name.
- description (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- filter is a regular expression string which is used to filter the list of folders selected for inclusion in the drop-down list. If omitted, all folders in the directory are included. The filter argument expression is applied before the exclude argument expression.
- exclude is a regular expression string which is used to exclude folders from the list. The exclude argument expression is applied after the filter argument expression.
- hide_none is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- None selected -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
- hide_default is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- Use default -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
- recursive is a Boolean argument. If true, the list of folders recursively includes any sub-folders found. If you have a large number of sub-folders this can make page loading slow.