The filelist form field provides a drop down list of files from a specified directory. If the field has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
By default, the first item on the list is '- Do not use -' (which is translatable) and is given the value '-1' and this is followed by '- Use default -' (also translatable) given the value '0'.
Example XML field definition:
label="Select a file"
- type must be filelist.
- name is the unique name of the field.
- label (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- directory is the filesystem path to the directory containing the files to be listed. If omitted the directory given by JPATH_ROOT is assumed.
- default is the default file name.
- description (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- filter is a regular expression string which is used to filter the list of files selected for inclusion in the drop-down list. If omitted, all files in the directory are included. The filter argument expression is applied before the exclude argument expression.
- exclude is a regular expression string which is used to exclude files from the list. The exclude argument expression is applied after the filter argument expression.
- stripext (optional) is a Boolean argument. If true then file name extensions will be stripped from the file names listed. The file name will be saved without the extension too.
- hide_none is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- None selected -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.
- hide_default is a Boolean argument. If true, the '- Use default -' item is omitted from the drop-down list.