Joomla file Form Field Type
It provides an input field for files. When using the file input type, you should always add the attribute enctype="multipart/form-data" to your form tag. Otherwise, the uploaded files will not be attached correctly.
Example XML field definition:
label="Enter some text"
description="Choose an image with maximum 100KB"
- type must be file.
- name is the unique name of the field.
- label (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- description (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- default is the default value, but doesn't mean much for a file.
- size is the width of the file box in characters.
- accept: Tells the browser what MIME types your form will allow to be uploaded.
- class is a CSS class name for the HTML form field.
- labelclass adds a CSS class for form field's label
- disabled: HTML equivalent attribute
- required: Cannot be used with this field type. If the field is marked as required it will always fail validation regardless of whether a file has been uploaded or not. The suggested workaround is to add a filerequired attribute which can be tested in your own file handling code.
- validate: Whether to Joomla validate the field according to rules
- showon: Allows you to hide the field based on the values of another field
- multiple: Allows you to upload multiple files at once when set to multiple="true"