The calendar form field type provides a text box for entry of a date. An icon next to the text box provides a link to a pop-up calendar, which can also be used to enter the date value. If the field has a saved value this is shown in the text box. Otherwise the default value, if any, is displayed.
Example XML Field Definition:
label="Select a date"
- type (mandatory) must be calendar.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default date. You can put "NOW" to have current date or time information in the given format.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tool tip when the user moves the mouse over the text box.
- readonly (optional) is whether the text box is read-only (true or false). If the text box is read-only, the date cannot be changed, but can be selected and copied. No calendar icon will be shown.
- disabled (optional) is whether the text box is disabled (true or false). If the text box is disabled, the date cannot be changed, selected or copied.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field.
- format (optional) is the date format to be used. This is in the format used by PHP to specify date string formats. If no format argument is given, '%Y-%m-%d' is assumed.
- filter (optional) is time zone to be used. There are two values; server_utc and user_utc. The first one is server time zone and the later is user time zone as configured in global configuration and user information respectively.
- translateformat (optional): If set to true, the calendar will use a language string to determine the format. The `format` attribute is ignored. If false, the `format` attribute is used (same behaviour as today).
- showtime (optional): If set to true and translateformat is true, the language key DATE_FORMAT_CALENDAR_DATETIME is used, otherwise DATE_FORMAT_CALENDAR_DATE.
- timeformat (optional): can be set to 12 (and specify AM or PM) or 24
- singleheader (optional): if set to false, the year and the month selection will be set on two separates lines, with independant selection
- todaybutton (optional): if set to true, a button is added at the bottom of the datePicker to select the date of the current day
- weeknumbers (optional): if set to true, a column is added at the left of the datePicker to display the number of the week in the current year
- filltable (optional): if set to true, dates of the previous and next month is added at the top and the bottom of the current month to fill the grid
- minyear (optional): set a signed integer for a number of years (-10, -2, 0, 7, 12, ...) to define the relative lower limit for the year selection. The user could not select a year before your limit
- maxyear (optional): set a signed integer for a number of years (-10, -2, 0, 7, 12, ...) to define the relative upper limit for the year selection. The user could not select a year after your limit