The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enters into force on 25 May, 2018. Joomla integrates a Privacy Tool Suite in the Joomla CMS to facilitate the compliance of the sites.
Joomla 3.9 adds the following new features:
- Provide an API for extension developers so they can report the data they collect and this info can be displayed in the new com_privacy extension.
- Gain the consent of the registered users (form plugin), track their consent, log their activities, and take care about the consent retention time.
- Facilitate workflow related to your user requests:
- Make it easier to the users to submit information requests
- Track the status of the users requests
- Let the user access and download their data